The Prime Minister David Cameron visited The Barnstaple Hotel recently to address the local Conservative Party. Our photo shows him with some of the Directors of Brend Hotels as well as the hotel management.
For more details of what else David Cameron did on his whistle stop tour of North Devon click here
With the weather so good at the moment here in Devon and Cornwall why not take a few days away. For out latest deals click here
Flagship hotel taking sustainable lead with 100% renewable energy for heating and water
Brend hotels, the South West’s leading luxury hotel chain have taken a further step in developing their award winning sustainable hotel experience. Adding to a comprehensive sustainability policy and solar PV installations elsewhere in the group, the local and national sustainable award winning hotel chain went live with a 200kw twin heat woodchip boiler that slashes C02 emissions by 70%.
Saunton Sands Hotel complete the £500,000 project that takes advantage of the governments renewable heat incentive scheme this month, with benefits to the company and the local community that include;
• Switch from oil as primary fuel source for the hotel to locally sourced woodchip
• Provision of new energy efficient system including fully automated controls, replacing old equipment which was less than 70% efficient
• Increased operational resilience designed into the new system
• Project used local companies
• Substantial operational savings
• A derelict building and land bought back into use, including the provision of additional parking for guests.
Mr Peter Brend, Director stated:
“ We are thrilled to be leading the way in renewable energy in the hotels industry, we have been working seriously on sustainability since 2006 with a dedicated team and feel this project is the ‘icing on the cake’ . We are very happy with the installation and are already in discussion to roll this project out to other hotels in the group”
We would like to wish all our customers a very merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year.
If you are thinking of taking a few days away in Devon and Cornwall after the festivities click here for our latest offers