We are pleased to provide you with some information that we hope will make your visit to The Park Hotel an enjoyable one, regardless of whether your life is affected in some way by a medical condition, any disability or impairment.
Everyone's needs are different and if you are concerned in any way that a particular aspect that you might be looking for is not covered below then please contact us.
This Hotel does not have lift access to its bedrooms in either the main hotel or the Garden Court Annex. The first floor function room located in the main hotel is accessed by three flights of stairs (8 steps in the first 2 flights, 7 in the third).
Prior to your arrival
- Enquiries and reservations may be made by telephone, fax or email.
- Should you require a taxi from the Barnstaple Railway or Bus Station (both 5 minutes drive), we use a reliable company and would be able to book them on your behalf.
- Directions to the hotel can be found on our web site or we would be pleased to forward then to you by post.
On arrival at the hotel
- There is a drop off point at the main entrance to the hotel.
- There is a designated disabled parking space in the car park at the front of the hotel and there is also an abundance of general car parking all on the level.
- Entrance to the front of the hotel is level.
- Porterage is always available and luggage can be fetched from your car and delivered to your room.
- Floor is carpeted.
- Reception area is all on one level on the ground floor.
- Staff can be available to assist with check in.
- All corridors are well lit and carpeted.
- The Park Restaurant and main lounge are on one level and accessible from the main entrance.
- Any doors in these areas are on auto closures.
- Our disabled toilet is situated on the ground floor with easy access from reception, lounge and restaurant.
- Ladies and gents toilets are on the ground floor opposite the disabled toilet.
The Park Restaurant
- There is ample movable seating and there are chairs with or without arms available.
- There is background music in most areas. This can be adjusted if requested.
- Service is a mixture of self service and table service. Full waiter service is provided if required.
- Restaurant tables are laid with white table linen.
- There is a mixture of natural and artificial light in all areas.
- The 23 bedrooms in the main hotel are accessed by four short flights of stairs (8 steps in the first 2 flights, 7 in the third and 5 in the last).
- There are two rooms located on the ground floor in the Garden Court Annexe, accessed by a ramp.
- The remaining 14 bedrooms in the Garden Court Annex are on the first floor, accessed in two directions by stairs.
- There is a single room on the first floor in the Garden Court Annex with a walk in shower.
- We do not have adapted bathrooms but many are fitted with grab rails over the bath.
- There are telephones in all rooms.
- 24 hour room service is available.
Please reserve these when booking. If you require other equipment not listed, please contact us and we will help to arrange hire.
- Bath seat.
- Raised toilet seat.
- High Chair.
- The fire alarm is a high pitched siren and does not have flashing lights.
- Deaf guards linked to the addressable fire alarm system are available for those with impaired hearing.
- An evacuation procedure can be agreed with all guests on arrival.
- Emergency evacuation plans are available in each room. Please make yourself familiar with them for your own safety.
- Service dogs (only) are welcome
- Small fridges are available on request for medication.
We have tried to be as accurate as possible in our Access Statement but are always willing to give further information on any aspect of the hotel if you have a particular query. If you require further assistance then please do not hesitate to contact us.