'In house' civil ceremonies can be as lavish or as simple as you desire, but there are certain requirements under the 'Approved Premises Marriage Act 1994' that you must ensure are met.
- Once a date and venue has been decided the registrar in your home area must be notified of your intentions to marry out of your district.
- The superintendent registrar for the area you are to be married in should be contacted, and your thoughts regarding the date and time of your ceremony should be discussed and arranged with them or a member of their team.
- The registrar can accept provisional bookings for weddings up to one year in advance.
- A minimum of 15 days is required for marriage.
- Fees are payable direct to the registrar. The current fee is from £250.00.
- Marriage ceremonies can be held between 8.00am and 6.00pm daily, with the exception of Good Friday and Christmas Day.
- Music can be played/presented, but it must not be of a religious nature.
- Videos may be allowed, please discuss this with the registrar.
- You may plan your own content apart from the actual marriage, which should be agreed with the registrar.