A stylish Regency hotel in a lovely riverside location
Standing at the eastern end of the historic Bideford Bridge and with views across the River Torridge, the Royal has gained an unrivalled reputation as Bideford's finest hotel.
Steeped in history, the Royal Hotel dates back to the 17th century and oozes character and charm.
As soon as you step inside this unique luxury hotel, you will enter a world of traditional comfort, combined with modern amenities and first class service. The elegant and warm surroundings make the Royal a truly special place where you can really relax and unwind.
When the time comes to venture out, you will find that the Royal's location puts you right at the heart of North Devon. From here it is easy to explore the charms of the lovely ancient port of Bideford, with its pannier market, fascinating local shops, art gallery and museum. Staying with us on holiday, you are only a short drive from the beautiful golden beaches of North Devon and the stunning rolling landscapes of Exmoor.
This magnificent luxury hotel in North Devon offers you:
- Superb dining in our Regency Restaurant, where our chefs serve delicious creations and traditional favourites made with fresh local produce
- Informal dining in our cosy Regency Suite Bar, with freshly cooked light meals served from 12.00pm to 2.00pm and 6.00pm to 9.30pm in a relaxed and convivial atmosphere
- Luxury accommodation in our individually styled rooms, some with sweeping views over the river. All rooms have private bathroom and tea and coffee making facilities
- Complimentary use of the facilities of the Barnstaple leisure club located at our sister hotel, The Barnstaple. These include indoor and outdoor heated swimming pools as well as a fitness suite and heated stone beds
- Friendly, courteous and attentive service
- Free WiFi throughout the hotel
- Free parking
The lovely surroundings and classic ambience of the Royal Hotel also make it a great venue for weddings, business events or special family celebrations.
So whether you are planning a luxury holiday in North Devon or an important function, contact us today so that we can show you a very special Royal welcome!