A sophisticated luxury hotel at the heart of Barnstaple
The Royal & Fortescue is an utterly charming luxury hotel situated at the head of Barnstaple's historic High Street.
Steeped in history, this elegant Georgian hotel offers stylish accommodation and a vibrant convivial atmosphere. With no less than three restaurants as well as a gorgeous lounge bar, there's nowhere better to unwind and linger over a meal or a cappuccino.
At the Royal and Fortescue, you really are right in the heart of Barnstaple. Surrounded by tempting designer shops and close to the ancient pannier market and the theatre, you're only a short stroll from everything Barnstaple has to offer. Head out of town and a short drive takes you to the golden beaches of North Devon or the dramatic beauty of Exmoor.
With its choice of conference rooms and banquet suites, this luxury hotel is also ideal for a business event, a wedding reception or a special celebration.
The amenities at our luxury hotel in Barnstaple include:
- Luxury hotel bedrooms, including the stunning Percival Suite, one of the most luxurious hotel rooms in Devon
- Superb cuisine in the Lord Fortescue Restaurant
- 62 The Bank adjoining the hotel - Barnstaple's top brasserie offers great food in an historic building with a stunning Tudor ceiling
- Florentinos for pre-theatre nibbles or Italian dining
- Conference and banqueting suites which can be used for business meetings or private dining
- Bustling coffee house open all day
- Complimentary use of the leisure facilities at the Barnstaple leisure club situated at our sister hotel, the Barnstaple. These include indoor and outdoor heated swimming pools as well as a fitness suite and heated stone beds
- Free WIFI
- Free parking
Get in touch with us today and we will help you plan your luxury break, wedding reception or event in grand style in Barnstaple.
Our Latest NewsRead All News
The weather is getting better, summer is finally on its way! Why not visit us and enjoy one of our Summer Break offers! Prices start from £70 per person per night on our Dinner,…